1) Our mailbox set, which is a modified specification, can be obtained at:
Global Home Products
The mail type of set for the community is called “MB-500
2) The original specification mailbox set can be obtained at:
The mail type of set for the community is called “The PROVINCIAL
3) They both said that they cannot guarantee that the mailbox will still be obtainable but the original spec is popular and has been available for at least 5 years.
4) Known issues with our steel mailboxes:
- Rust – at the hinges and screw holes.
- Very thin and therefore dents and bends easily
- The flag and closing clip are plastic and either break or fall off easily
- The plastic numbers fade and sometimes fall off since they are glued on.
- The paint on the mailbox fades.
5) Warranty and Repair Work on existing mailboxes:
Since Global Home Product installed our mailboxes, they will perform maintenance and do have some replacement parts. Just remember that the mailbox and post is sold as a SET. They typically don’t sell just the post or just the mailbox. You could always ask though sometimes they have some leftovers.
6) Warranty and Repair Work from Mailbox Makeovers:
They do not do warranty or repair work on mailboxes they did not install. Of course, they will do warranty work on the ones they install. They do not typically do maintenance and repairs unless they installed the whole community. The mailbox and post is sold as a SET.